The Fire Protection Association
- Certification scheme
Senior Trainer and Technical Consultant at the Fire Protection Association with a thirty year career in the Fire & Rescue Service. An effective communicator and problem solver in both training delivery and technical consultancy roles. Substantial knowledge of fire safety legislation, supporting guidance and technical codes of practice.
Training, Education, Projects, Publications, & Presentations
• Member of the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) 1985
• Member of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) 1995
• Further & Adult Education Teaching Certificate (City & Guilds) 1993
• Workplace assessor D32 & D33 (NCVQ) 1993
• Successfully completed all Fire Service Core Progression (up to and including the Brigade Command Course), Fire Safety (up to and including the Specialist Fire Prevention Course) and Training Management Courses at the Fire Service College.
• Project Manager to introduce Competency Based Training while Training & Development Manager at Lincolnshire FRS.
• Project Manager to introduce Operational Audit Procedures while Training & Development Manager at Lincolnshire FRS.
• Contributed to Government ‘New Dimensions’ project as a team member to develop national operational procedures and training resources for the fleet of fire & rescue service crewed Incident Response Units (IRU) which focussed on mass decontamination in response to terrorist activity.
• Drafted the Fire Protection Association’s ‘Means of Escape’ handbook.
• Delivered numerous presentations on a variety of fire safety subjects at national events over the last twelve years.